Screening of passengers arriving from Singapore
Автор: AP Archive
Загружено: 2015-07-21
Просмотров: 3273
Описание:
(10 Sep 2003)
1. Exterior, Ninoy Aquino International Airport
2. Wide shot, arriving passengers from Singapore, pan to thermal camera
3. Computer screen showing passenger being scanned
4. Reverse shot, quarantine officer as passenger get health alert notice
5. SOUNDBITE: (English) Doctor Delno Tinaya, Airport Quarantine Medical Officer:
"When WHO declared it was SARS-free, we still continued with monitoring and screening of temperatures of passengers and crews coming from mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. But yesterday, with the confirmed... confirmed, isolated SARS case in Singapore, we started including Singapore (on) our list - passengers and crews coming from Singapore for screening of their temperatures.,"
6. Wide shot, WHO briefing
7. Cutaway, cameras
8. SOUNDBITE: (English) Shigeru Omi, WHO Regional Director for Western Pacific:
"I'd like to emphasise that there is no need for panic, because I understand.... the WHO view is that the surveillance system put in Singapore is sensitive enough to pick up any cases, but based on this very sensitive surveillance system, we believe that there is no evidence of so far, as of now, of the human to human local transmission in
Singapore".
9. Wide shot, briefing
STORYLINE:
Quarantine officials at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila have resumed screening and monitoring of passengers arriving from Singapore after a new case of SARS was discovered in the country.
Singapore health authorities confirmed on Tuesday that a 27-year-old Singaporean man has severe acute respiratory syndrome, the first new case in four months for the island-state.
Authorities at Manila's airport were quick to respond, putting passengers from Singapore back on the list of those that have to be screened prior to entry - a list which includes passengers from Hong Kong, Taiwan and China.
Each passenger is subjected to a thermal scanner, and given a health alert notice.
Apart from the screening at the arrival area, airport authorities also plan to resume screening of departing passengers within the week.
Meanwhile, WHO (World Health Organisation) Regional Director for Western Pacific Shigeru Omi, said that there should be no reason to panic as there is currently no outbreak of SARS.
He added that the WHO has confidence in the strength of Singapore's SARS surveillance system.
The WHO said the Singapore case does not show typical signs of SARS but agreed with Singapore health authorities' conclusion that the man somehow became infected, probably when he visited the laboratory that kept the SARS virus for research.
Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork
Twitter: / ap_archive
Facebook: / aparchives
Instagram: / apnews
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/you...
Повторяем попытку...
Доступные форматы для скачивания:
Скачать видео
-
Информация по загрузке: